- A Master’s degree from an accredited college in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or a related Mental Health field. Must be a LSW or LPC; LISW or LPCC.
- Must be qualified to provide counseling, psychotherapy, family therapy and related services to population referred for outpatient services
- Minimum 3-5 years experience preferred working with mentally ill and delinquent youth and their families of different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
- Must have the ability to utilize an electronic medical records system proficiently
- Highly motivated, flexible, independent, excellent communication skills, ability to engage difficult youth and their families, and knowledge of social systems required
- Therapist is required to have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, own vehicle with vehicle liability insurance
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- The Therapist is responsible for providing therapeutic services to the clients of St. Aloysius.
- Provide individual, family, and group therapy as well as consultation in order to attain treatment goals.
- Works closely with program staff and families to insure that youth presenting with mental health issues are connected with appropriate community resources
- Heavy emphasis on assessment, intensive case management and referrals
- Attends impromptu meetings with youth and families as well as on going consultation to staff on mental health issues that may arise
- The Program goes into the home and teachers families about the effect of trauma
- Provides services to outpatient clients and families
- Performs initial assessment of each child
- Develops a treatment plan within one month of the child’s admission to services.
- Engage parents and family members in treatment, providing psycho-educational information about nurturing and behavior management
- Provides assessments, service plan, progress reports, and termination report.
- Collects all necessary outcome data needed to evaluate services
- Transports clients in personal or agency vehicles as needed
If you enjoy making a difference in the lives of children and their families, we encourage you to apply. St. Aloysius Orphanage offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunities that are challenging and rewarding.
In-Home Trauma Treatment Flex Therapists applicants must complete an eligibility assessment, that is administered by a neutral third party, prior to being considered for any position.
Be advised that a new window will open for the assessment. When the assessment is completed, please close the window and complete the application process from this site.
Please click here to access the assessment You are now leaving the St Aloysius website.