St. Aloysius Orphanage is committed to the Sanctuary Model® for its philosophy of treatment and organizational management. Sanctuary® is a trauma-responsive method in which safety, recovery, healing, and growth occur for both clients and staff.
Job Title: Intervention Specialist/Teacher, Full time, 10-month position
Teachers/Intervention Specialists are responsible for carrying out the educational program in the on-grounds school and providing educational services to the students at St. Aloysius Education Center. This individual agrees to comply with any policies and procedures as determined by the Ohio Department of Education and the Ohio Department of Mental Health, and as determined by the administration as being necessary to comply with the aforementioned agencies.
- Master’s degree in Special Education preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree, required. Emphasis in Special Education, preferred
- Licensure/Special Education certification, Intervention Specialist (K-12), Mild/Moderate
- Minimum 3 years Special Education teaching experience, preferred; Will consider new graduate teachers
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must achieve and maintain Teaching Family Model Certification
- Must achieve Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Training that requires mastery of de-escalation techniques, crisis prevention and physical restraint techniques all for use on youth and adolescents
Duties & Functions:
- Provide instruction and learning experiences that contribute to the psychomotor, cognitive, and affective development of each student
- Prepare and maintain school records and staffing reports
- Experience writing IEP’s, doing academic evaluations, modifying curriculum, working with an instructional and support team and conferencing with parents
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and communication skills
- High energy and commitment to student success and professional development
- Strong instructional skills
- Perform consistently as a team member
- Design each student’s academic program and behavior goals in accordance with the overall treatment plan
- Keep informed and expand one’s personal knowledge base in regards to the current trends and philosophies in education
- Experience implementing educational programming for special needs students
- Extensive current knowledge in the field of special education and Ohio IEP procedures
- Must have the ability to remain alert, observant and physically able to respond appropriately to work situations or emergencies including, but not limited to, physical restraint of youth.
Connect to Learn More
If you enjoy making a difference in the lives of children and their families, we encourage you to apply. St. Aloysius offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunities that are challenging and rewarding.
St. Aloysius is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You may “APPLY NOW ” or send your resume to: St. Aloysius Orphanage, Attention: Human Resources, 4721 Reading Road, Cincinnati, OH 45237; Fax: 513-842-7591, Email: email@example.com