Job Title: Day Treatment Lead Therapist, Full time
Department: Day Treatment
All employees are part of the St. Aloysius treatment team, committed to the Sanctuary Model and belief that increasing awareness, emphasizing safety, and teaching skills to manage feelings are crucial steps to take in creating an environment that can handle the crucial work of processing change, feelings, past trauma, grief and loss for the children and families that we serve.
Day Treatment Lead Therapist
Day Treatment Lead Therapists are to ensure that the child receives optimal treatment, by providing therapeutic services to all youth in the Day Treatment Program, including individual, group and family therapy. This individual will provide clinical direction of individual, group and family-oriented treatment activities for assigned youth in the Day Treatment Program.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college in social work, counseling, psychology or a related mental health field
- Must be a LSW or LPC; LISW or LPCC is preferred
- Must be qualified to provide counseling, psychotherapy, family therapy, and related services to population referred to in-school services
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with mentally ill youth and their families of different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds, preferred
- Highly motivated, flexible, independent, excellent communication skills, ability to engage difficult youth and their families, and knowledge of social systems, required
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record and documentation verifying current automobile insurance
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must achieve and maintain Teaching Family Model Certification
- Must achieve Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Training that requires mastery of de-escalation techniques, crisis prevention and physical restraint techniques all for use on youth and adolescents
Duties & Functions:
- Serve as the clinical lead in treatment team, transition, discharge, mod and other meetings required to help clients meet their treatment goals
- Collaborate with Day Treatment team members to develop and implement appropriate and effective treatment curriculums for Day Treatment groups
- Collaborate with other individual and group therapists, as well as other internal and external partners, in the effective implementation of therapeutic interventions
- Develop individual treatment and behavior plans for each youth after collaborating with both internal and external treatment team members
- Maintain a safe and orderly therapeutic environment, in accordance with TFM and TCI, including supportive crisis intervention
Connect to Learn More
If you enjoy making a difference in the lives of children and their families, we encourage you to apply. St. Aloysius offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunities that are challenging and rewarding.
St. Aloysius is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You may “APPLY NOW ” or send your resume to: St. Aloysius Orphanage, Attention: Human Resources, 4721 Reading Road, Cincinnati, OH 45237; Fax: 513-842-7591, Email: email@example.com